Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tree's up!!

Yes its artificial. But when you have a husband who builds a big fire in the fireplace 24/7 and keeps the room at 80 all day there is no way a real tree would survive. My trees are getting smaller and smaller as the years go by. And I'm putting up less decorations. Turning into my mom I guess. Something I never thought I would say. Some year we'll just put up a wreath and call it good. I love the Christmas music and all the memories it brings back of the wonderful Christmas's my mom and dad used to make for us. I hope my kids feel the same way. We didn't have alot of money most years but we tried to make each one special in some way. Now each of our children are making memories for their children. I do love Christmas time - its stressful but I love it. I love the message of the first Presidency in their Christmas message tonight, Take the worldliness out of Christmas and make it more about Christ. I do think gifts are an important part of Christmas -not getting - but giving. And I don't think big and extravagant are what its all about either. I think when we worry and stress about gifts thats what ruins the Christmas spirit. We should be more about helping others who have less, and giving suprises to people who aren't expecting anything. Not expecting anything in return. I think thats what Christmas is about.

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

I loved the Christmas devotional too! It was awesome! We baked brownies and cookies while we listened to it. So fun! You always made the Christmas season wonderful! Lots of good memories! Glad you got your tree up! We will have to come see it!