Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday fun & New Announcement

Sorry no pictures. But my heck, what a party! I could't believe it when I counted up how many family members were at Grandma's Birthday party. All day we watched outside as the wind roared and nothing but dirt for miles. I told Ed, I don't think very many people are going to come tonight. And then I thought well, maybe thats a good thing cause the kids won't be able to play outside and everyone will be inside. But as it turned out almost EVERYONE did come. I went downstairs one time to look for Cooper, Jodi had been down there and couldn't find him, but he was there. With about 40 other kids!! It is a wonder we didn't lose someone. It was potluck and I was afraid we would have all jello salads and no main dishes, but what a wonderful buffet of delicious foods. Just the right variety of everything. It was standing room only and I'm sorry that everyone didn't have a place to sit at the same time but hopefully we "musical chaired" enough that everyone got to sit at one time or another. I was really suprised when everyone took their plates and kids and left that we didn't have much of a mess to clean up. Mom was the last to leave and I think she was totally thrilled with the whole night. At the end of the evening she took some time to thank everyone and give some advice to all of her grandchildren. These are treasured moments that we will remember forever. The one new announcement for the evening was that Michael and Rachael are pregnant! Poor Rachael is going thru the 24 hours a day morning sickness. But after last night I did some caluculating and here are some family statistics: Mom & dad have 6 children, 30 grandchildren and 44 great grandchildren with 5 on the way. Out these - 69 were in my house last night!

4 comments:

Erin said...

it was quite the party! we were glad we are close enough to come to all these fun things now. I can't believe there were that many people in your house!

Going Family said...

Sorry we missed it. Happy Birthday, Grandma!

AOlson said...

LOVED it!! So much fun. Can't wait till the next one:)

Jodie said...

We had a great time! I love hanging out with all the family! Congrats to Michael and Rachael!