Tuesday, June 1, 2010

No Ordinary Memorial Day

This Memorial Day was no ordinary Memorial Day - to me anyway. But I think it was our best ever, (except for missing family members that couldn't come.) There are some things you can always count on for Memorial Day and crappy weather is one of them. And yes this year we had rain, but we had alot of sun also. And I just think compared to other years the weather wasn't that bad. We decided to change things a bit hoping that more of you would come to Warden Cemetary if we met later in the morning. And by golly, you came! 76 of you showed up! I was shocked at how many of you even came earlier to Moses Lake Cemetary. Mom is so thankful and greatful that you did and also for the flowers you brought. We are hoping this is a tradition you will carry on when we are gone. I know Grandpa Cox must have been so proud to have so many there to honor him and other family members who have passed on. You can't have a get together without food and I think the food was outstanding! The only thing we need to remember next year is to have 2 BBQers. Tyson you did a great job trying to keep up with one but 2 would have been better. We did have rain, but thank goodness it wasn't cold and the rain went away and the sun came out and it was great. I was worried no one would stay to play softball, it had been such a long day already, but by golly we had enough for 2 teams and a pretty big audience as well. I am so glad this tradition was added to Memorial Day. Its so entertaining and funny and we always like to watch Aunt Lyn hit the ball although she hit fly balls this year and so we didn't get to watch her run or slide into 3rd base. But the day ended with good memories I think. Our family has their ups and downs, we aren't perfect, but we love each other no matter what. We missed those of you who couldn't make - maybe next year.

3 comments:

ab5cgang said...

I loved it, loved it, loved it. Thank you for having such a great family. And thanks for this blog.
Hopefully the ones that missed it will be able to join us at the next one.

Erin said...

We had a great time and some of us have the sunburns to prove it! Thanks for putting everything together. I love to be able to see all the family and cousins we don't see on a regular basis.

Mishelle Noyes said...

This was so much fun! I think the rain really brought us together. Oh the memories we will share! Thanks for all of the hard work you did! I love my family!