Thursday, June 24, 2010

Where did June go?

This has been one busy month. In just one blink June is about over. I'm not ready for June to be over. I had so many plans for June and its almost gone. I wanted to go to the Cox reunion this year. But mom left without me without so much as a good-bye. But with the week I've been having I would have had to stop every half hour and take a nap in order to drive all the way there and by my calculations we might have made it by next June. You see every year - at this time - we have customers from all over the world fly here and visit our pea trial fields. So for 2 days I am the caterer. It takes all week to get ready - they come on Wed and Thursday and we entertain them night and day. Last year we did the lunch, steak dinner, band, dance all in the fields. This year my boss decided it would be a great idea for me to find an airplane that would fly everyone around on a site seeing tour. the only one I could find was a 3 passenger little dinky plane. We had about 25 people wanting to go. So my bosses set up a taxi service with Kylee, Brian and I chauffering everyone back and forth from the Grant County airport. On top of everything we were already doing. I was the last one at the airport and my boss who had promised me I wouldn't have to fly - talked me into riding with him. I later realized he just wanted to show me he could fly. and do dippity doo's and all kinds of stomach turning tricks. I told him I wasn't afraid of flying I was afraid of crashing. Anyway we made it back safe and sound. Well the pea trials are over for another year - I call it "Hell Week" but we also have Bean trials in July which my bosses informed me will be bigger than our pea trials. yipee! I can hardly wait. I might be recouperated by then. Kylee - who was supose to be my big helper this year was a great help on Wed but was sick today. I missed her terribly. I also missed Lyn this year who was such a great help last year. So sorry to hear about Rich's mom passing away but I know she was so sick and this was a blessing. I guess we really are becoming the older generation. Its passing by fast. I'm not ready for it but you can't stop the inevitable. Well here we go into July. I'm not sure its going to slow down anytime soon.

1 comment:

Erin said...

You are so brave!  I bet it was cool to see all the farm land and town from a different perspecive.  Hopefully July is a huge success!