Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pink eye! What Next?

For the 3rd time in a little over a month I am sick!! And this ain't no April Fool's joke! This started Monday morning with my eye sealed shut. By Tuesday I realized it wasn't going away when I woke up with my eye swollen shut and I couldn't get out of bed because by body was raging with pain. No it was not a pretty site. I couldn't believe this was happening - AGAIN!! I don't know how but I got my self ready and drove myself to the Moses Lake Clinic. The walk in clinic had a 1 1/2 hour wait already even though it was very early in the morning. I just prayed no one came in that I knew because I didn't want to talk to anyone. I looked awful, eye sealed shut, no makeup and I didn't even do my hair. I wished I could have written down my symptoms and just handed them to the Dr. cause I didn't even want to talk to him. And you don't just have to tell the Dr. You have to tell the lady that checks you in, the nurse who takes you back and the Dr. For Heaven's sake, can't they all just be there together and hear the story. No one really cares but the Dr, anyway. So I told the Dr. my sad tale about how I had been sick so many times and everytime they were just viruses. So $125.00 later he said it was a virus. And guess what there is nothing they can do for viruses. Why oh why can't I have a bacteria infection. At least then I could have an antibiotic. Well he could give me something for the pink eye. So thank goodness for that. And did say if I got one more virus they were going to do tests to see what was causing this. I know that because almost every chair in the waiting room was full - I am not the only one sick. So hopefully thats it. I am thinking good thoughts and hoping I get my voice back fully and get rid of the headaches and cough soon. AGAIN!!! Its a good thing I don't have a bunch of chickens to take care of!

2 comments:

Jodie said...

You are not the only one! I just took Cooper in 2 wks ago for an ear infection and he finished his antibiotic last Friday. Guess what? He has another one! Not to mention Sara, who had one 3 wks ago. The dr said today that her ear looks like she is trying to get another infection. We have been fighting this crap for a month now! Totally sucks. Hope you feel better soon!

momma buck said...

I only have 2 words its JUICE PLUS!