Monday, December 21, 2009

Cox Family Christmas Party

60 years ago a young handsome man married a beautiful young woman. In those 60 years that cute little couple has evolved into a great big giant massive family. This great big giant massive family love each other very much - but - they cannot all fit into one house. Oh, they can fit, but its not a pretty sight. Now they only want to fit a few times a year but still its alot of family. And alot to ask one home to take. So on Thanksgiving we rented the Sr. Center and it worked very well. So we thought we would try it again for our Christmas Party. A few of us paid for the time at Thanksgiving but this time we are asking everyone to donate a little bit to help pay for the rental of $100.00. Everything else will be the same: Everyone bring finger foods, and a gift for the gift exchange game. One suggestion that was made is that Couples can bring just one gift if they want to and play for one gift. It might help cut down on the time but everyone is welcome to do whatever they want. It will start at 6:00 this year and we hope everyone will help clean up. (P.S. I have heard thru the grapevine there might be a special announcement made that night)

4 comments:

ab5cgang said...

WooHoo. We like good announcements. We can do a couple gift if that helps. I quess I will watch here and see what people are voting for. And no problem on helping with the 100. Thanks Aunt Lorrie and Chad. I just love these get togethers. My kids are so looking forward to it.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I think its a great idea! Lets do it.
I wonder what the announcement is? I am just happy its not me. My announcing days are over thank goodness :-)

Erin said...

We are in. We can go either way on the gift too - couple or individual - what ever eveyone else is doing. No prob with donating for the $100 also. It worked out good for thanksgiving. I really think we need to get working on the new Cox reception hall though!

AOlson said...

I have lots of family in town from Texas, so we may not be there. But, I tink the Senior Center is a great idea!! It worked out great for Thanksgiving. And couples gifts sounds good, too. It'll make the game go so much fastere!