Tuesday, December 1, 2009

24 Shopping Days until Christmas!

21 if you don't shop on Sunday! I am barely getting rested up from Black Friday. Yes Ed and I were up before the butt crack of dawn and thought we were getting a real early start on things only to find 500,000 cars and shoppers beat us to Walmart. The lines were backed up to the Garden section with full carts. We finally found someone to ask "where the Laptops were that were to go on sale at 5 am" The kind Walmart helper replied," Oh, those were at the pharmacy and they were gone by 4:15." I guess we didn't get the memo that they don't really stick to the sale rules. We ran into Michael whose eyes were still wild with "sales frenzy"! He had been there since 4 am and did not seem normal to me. We talked for a few minutes and then he was off again. I hope he got home ok. The only thing we were looking for was a laptop for Ed and we found one in the regular aisle for not much more than the one on sale. I looked and looked and really did try to find something to buy but it was too early and my mind was not working properly at that time. They ought to have a "Black Friday Afternoon" for Seniors. One you don't have to fight the crowds and you can look leisurly - even sit for a while and think about it, have a cup of cocoa maybe some cookies or lunch. Well here we go into December - credit cards ablazing. If life gets too crazy - sit down and listen to Christmas music. It really calms the sole.

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Man Christmas sure is different when you don't have a job. I haven't even touched the stores or looked at gifts. Which is really weird for me. Sorry you didn't find a laptop but I do agree on the leisurely shopping idea. Cookies and cocoa and sitting it sounds so much more comforting.