Saturday, November 28, 2009

Turkey Bowl -Turkey Dinner

I didn't get to see it but I heard the football game was awesome. I will try to get some pictures to post. I think the dinner at the Sr. Center was a success. WE didn't have as many people as we thought we would have but still had a crowd. The food was delicious. Such a good variety of everything. Too many potatoes this year - so I know I will be cutting back on that. Thanks Jodi & Erin for bringing games for the kids to play. Everyone was right on time for the dinner so we were able to start on time. The day ended earlier than expected when all of the toilets plugged which put a damper on the day. We were glad to find out that it wasn't our fault because they had been having trouble with them before we came. It was really fun to be all together and have such good food. I feel bad about the bathrooms though. We would like to know how everyone else felt about it? Would we want to do this again, is it time to break up into individual families? Inquiring minds want to know?

3 comments:

ab5cgang said...

Sad thought to brake up. I understand were you are coming from but we are all a big family and we really love getting together with everyone.
It probably looked like there wasnt many people there because of the size. To bad you had problem with the bathrooms.

Jodie said...

I think that we need to discuss about using the Senior center for all of the family get togethers. The family's not going to get any smaller and it is lots of fun for everybody to get together. I think that if everybody threw in $5 the money to rent it wouldn't be that much of an issue. Anyways, that's my 2 cents worth.

Erin said...

We had a great time! Thanks to everyone who cooked and set up and arranged everything. I liked being together, we don't see everyone that often anymore. Glad to know the bathrooms weren't our fault! Chris thinks you can never have too many potatoes! Although he isn't the one that had to mash 50 pounds of them!