Friday, November 6, 2009

Please Forgive Me Lyn

I guess I have to apologize to Aunt Lyn about the comment I made in my last blog about if we divide the family in half and half goes to her house and half goes to my house it would be too hard on Grandma running back and forth and half would be missing out on all the fun at Aunt Lorrie's. I think she thought I was serious. I'm not serious very often but I guess me being the oldest and she being so much younger (and prettier I might add) I should be more grown up. I really think if the family took a vote everyone would rather go to her house than mine for Thanksgiving. I know I would. But because we have become an increasingly huge family both of our homes are too small, even if we have basements. Heather asked why we don't have it at the church. If you asked the men its because they wouldn't be able to watch their football game, if you asked the women its because the kids run around like wild indians and I can't even imagine the messes we would have to clean up all thru the church. We have had a few family dinners there and the noise level is above my tolerant level. For those of you who didn't know the SR. center is now the Community Center and has been remodeled with beautiful laminate wood floors and it doesn't even look the way it used to. You will really be suprised. The rental of it will be paid by us older generation and so we just want you all to help with the food. We have talked about having an auction to earn money for future family events and thats something to think about. For those of you who have asked if you can bring guests - of course you can. The more the merrier. Lets just make sure we have enough food!

5 comments:

Todd and Shana said...

I LOVE the idea of having it there...unfortunately Thanksgiving never works out right for us to be there. We will DEFINITELY see everyone on Christmas!!!!

Jodie said...

I think that both of your houses are fun! And so is Aunt Deby's!

Erin said...

Are you going to assign our side dishes or are we just picking what we want to bring and posting it or what? Put us down for 4 adults, 3 kids, and 2 babies! Thanks for organizing everything. Can't wait!!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Lets build our own building and call it the "Cox Event Center" A huge building with a play ground, Big screen TV and couches, ang a huge kitchen.

AOlson said...

I'm with Mishelle!!