Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Big Day Almost Here. . .

Turkey, check , Potatoes, check, Pumpkin Pie for 70, check - football check! Are you ready for the big day? This will be an interesting Thanksgiving as we move to a new location and hope to have room for everyone to sit down. I always worry if we will have enough food. I remember one year we ran out of potatoes, and one year hardly anyone came to moms and we didn't have all the fun side dishes and salads that we usually have. Isn't it interesting what we get used to and have to have traditionaly. What would Thanksgiving be without Aunt Lyn's carrots, or Aunt Sharon's pies. We have learned to live without Grandma Cox's homemade rolls so I guess you can adjust. I remember one year mom made white milk gravy instead of turkey gravy. It tasted good but it wasn't the traditional gravy. Are we spoiled, or what. I just guess tradition runs deep. A family football game has been played on Thanksgiving since Tom and Nick were little kids. thank goodness we all had boys first so a team could be formed ASAP and Tom & Nick would have someone to play with. Now to think all of those boys are grown and still playing. Now they have brought the Martinez family on board and can play against someone else. I love this family and hope you are all getting ready for tomorrow. I, myself, have been walking and excercising in preparation for the feast. See you all tomorrow, 1:00 PM Sharp!

No comments: