Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Thanksgiving Plan

Everytime I have to change the blog background I think "didn't I just do this"? As I said last year our family has more birthdays in November than any other month and I think 2 more will be added this month. By this time next year we will have added at least 6 new babies to this family. As we continue to grow I have scarey thoughts of inside family events. Mom's birthday party was an eye opener for me as to the enormity of it all. Sometimes I find myself envying the Thanksgiving dinners you see on TV where everyone has a seat at the table with cute little place cards and decorations and even a centerpiece. They all hold hands and say what they are thankful for. Can you imagine us doing that. We would never get to dinner until the next day. I'm not sure what the weight compacity is for our house floor but I'm sure the firecode for maximum capacity is below 70 people. Taking this all into consideration Grandma and I have discussed different solutions to this growing dilema. #1 We could all go out to a resturant to eat.(Too expensive, too many of us)
#2 We could split up - half at Aunt Lyn's & Half at Aunt Lorrie's - Grandma running in between. (Too hard on Grandma and half missing all the fun at Aunt Lorrie's.)
#3. We would not have Thanksgiving all together at all. (Can't even imagine it, yet)
So we have come up with an idea and would like everyone's imput. I have checked into renting the Senior center, which has been remodeled and is very nice. We would all be able to sit at a table, we could all eat at the same time, the "Big Game" would be on the big screen TV they have there so no one would miss it. The only draw backs I see would be keeping the little kids entertained and the money for renting it. The fee is $100 dollars for 4 hours or $200 if your going to be longer than 4 hours. We would have to set up and clean up in those amount of times. What I am asking is how many of you are planning on coming to Our families Thanksgiving dinner and would you be willing to be here at 12:30 or 1:00 so the majority of us would be here for dinner at the same time? Do you think this will work? I need to know what you all think?

5 comments:

Jodie said...

I think the Senior center would be a good idea. If you split up the money between everyone, it wouldn't be very much. I know that we are planning on coming. Maybe some of us who have younger kids could get together and bring some games or toys. Just a thought.

Chad and Jaycie said...

We probably won't be there but love love the idea! Hope you do it and have it tradition. BTW, Brenton's birthday is the 27th, not a big deal just thought I'd let ya know. :)

Erin said...

We will be there. Sounds like a good plan, I think the kids will be fine, we can always bring them something to do. My brother and his wife will be visiting us that week so I was hoping they could come along too :)

AOlson said...

Not sure what our plans yet. Most likely we will be there but not sure on times and what my family is doing yet. I think the senior center is a GREAT idea and I know we can all come up with a fn "kids zone" for all of the kids to have some fun!!

Going Family said...

We are planning on coming. I like the Senior Center idea, but what about the church. We could rope off part of the chruch to keep the little ones from running around. The grassy area is good for a football game and we could set up games and a play area on the stage for the little ones. Just a thought. We are game for anything. Sharing the cost of the Senior Center is a great idea.