Thursday, November 12, 2009

Its My Party and I'll Cry if I want to. . . .

This is a sad birthday for me. I know next year will be even sadder but . . I did't mind turning 30 or 40. 50 was a little tough and tomorrow I will be turning 59!!!! (There's just no happy way to turn 60.) But I will cross that black road, slowly, when I come to it next year. When your in your 20's you can't even imagine being in your 50's. Heck,you can't even imagine your parents being in their 50's. Now fast forward, and it does seem like it was fast forwarded, here I am, on the brink, top of hill, preparing to descend "over the hill." Somethings I never thought I would have at this age is, my own teeth (whats left of them), blonde hair(with grey roots), a job (with my son as my boss), 40 extra lbs.(I've lost & gained a 100 times), energy to get up at 5:30 every morning and walk 2 miles.(but not enough to stay awake past 8 pm), chills during the day (hot flashes at nite) and a mini van. We all have hopes and dreams for our future and although things haven't worked out exactly like I planned I'm very greatful for a wonderful husband who isn't rich but alot of fun, wonderful children who found wonderful partners and together gave me my greatest blessings - 15 grandchildren and 2 more on the way. I might cry a little tomorrow as I begin the end of more than half of a century of life,(oh my) but by the end of the day I will be laughing with joy as I spend the day with my family & friends.

2 comments:

ab5cgang said...

Oh happy Birthday Aunt Lorrie. I totally feel for you. I remember when 35 was old. I feel like I am still in my twentys. And some times I wonder when the parents of these kids will ever come home so I dont have to babysit anymore.
We love ya. All 59 years of you. Next year a big bash to help you transform into the new 50. ;)

Mishelle Noyes said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! You are spectacular!! For your 60th lets go to Vegas and paint the town red! You only live once :-)