Thursday, March 25, 2010

Going Digital- losing weight

So I've been trying to diet since Feb. and I've lost and gained the same 3 lbs. 10 times. I decided my scales must be wrong or that somehow it was to blame. Its one of those kind that if you lean forward you lose 2 lbs. and if you lean backwards you gain 2 lbs. I needed somthing more accurate so I went to Walmart to get a new scale. They are all digital now. They have one that records your weight - heck no - I'm sure I can remember tomorrow what I weighed today! And I sure don't want Ed to know or anyone else how much I weighed yesterday. When I get on the scale I want to look as fast as I can and get off and let it disapear. It records for 2 or more people. So do you scan backwards and see what everyone else weighed till you find your weight (if by some magical reason you forgot!) No thanks. I don't want to know how much Ed weighs either. So I finally found a digital one that does NOT record. When I got it home Ed put it together and got on it. "Holy Crap!" he said. "I don't think this is right." I said I was sure it was because the digital ones were more accurate. He wanted me to get on it and I said no I never weigh in the evening because you weigh more. Well before I went to bed my curiosity got the best of me so I decided to weigh myself. "Holy Crap!" My old scales could not have been that far off. Its like starting all over again plus 5 lbs. And I have been really good this week too. Dieting is like walking a tight rope with people throwing spears at you. Today our owners suprised us with pizza for lunch. Its always some delicious temptation being thrown my way. As you get older your ability to resist gets weaker. Your eye site gets bad and you think you look thinner than you do. But I am not giving up. This week I will again try to lose that same 3 lbs. And hopefully 3 more after that. Lets see, now I have 5 months to lose 30 lbs. Thats 6 lbs a month. Well 20 lbs might not look so bad. Right now I really would be thrilled with 10. Or just getting down to what I thought I weighed when I was using my old scales. Cheesh, I hate dieting.

2 comments:

Chad and Jaycie said...

Lorrie you look great! Dieting does suck, but you can totally do it! Especially with the nice weather coming you'll be more active. I have faith in you, you can do it!

Mishelle Noyes said...

We need eachother! I dont think dad is a very good dieting support system! I wish you could come and work out with me at the gym!