Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pumpkin Season-Again!

Well here we are again - the one and only month that Ed and I really have enough free time to take off and do things. Harvest is over and shipping season is slow- but someone has to man the pumpkin patch. The whole month of October!I'm not saying I don't like pumpkins and I do get a kick out of taking the grandkids to the "pumpkin patch" but other than that its alot of work for a little bit of money. Not my money - his money. In the past I have shared in the planting, the weeding,& the harvesting of the pumpkins but I soon learned that the income from this venture is "his". So it doesn't excite me too much to participate. I have learned that, much like "demo derbys", this is another one of Ed's passions- Raising pumpkins. He has studied it, read about it, and dreamed about it. He does a good job because every year the yield gets bigger and bigger and bigger. I wish the sales were as good - but somehow I don't think its so much about the money. Otherwise we would be retired and living the good life. Right now its a hobby but someday we might be living on the sale of his pumpkins. What a scarey thought!

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
Had a wife and couldn't keep her
Put her in a pumpkin well
There he kept her very well

(Your post just totally put meaning to this nursery rhyme)