Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Restless Night!

I think this is going be a long night- I can't sleep - I'm sitting in the living room listening to Ed snore away even though he's clear in the bedroom. He just went in there 2 minutes ago and now he's sound asleep. How do men do that? I can go to bed exhausted beyond belief and toss and turn for hours before drifting off and the slightest sound can bring me wide awake. I have learned that ear plugs help a little and are much better than poking and jabbing him to stop snoring all night. If he does wake up its just for a second and then back to the snoring. I could almost take the snoring but the worst is when he quits breathing for a couple of minutes and then comes the loud snorting. You know its coming and you brace and prepare yourself but it still makes me jump. I usually end up moving to the couch or other bedroom where I toss and turn all night anyway. When my kids were little and waking up all night I dreamed of the time when I could sleep ALL night. Then they grew up and didn't come home in time for curfew. I would pace and worry while Ed snored away. I would beg him to let me sleep while he paced and worried and he said he would but then I would hear the snoring. I decided that he just couldn't help himself. The thing that irks me the most is when he gets up in the morning and says he didn't sleep at all. I wish I had his gift of sleeping anywhere, any place, any time. Although I couldn't imagine if we were both snoring in church, at least one of us is awake to poke the other one now. We've tried the throat sprays, & the nose bands - can't talk him into nose surgery. So I guess ear plugs will have to do for now. Now if I could just find a cure for the bags under my eyes.

No comments: