Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow, snow go away . . . .

Snow is fun if you are a kid. My dad used to pull us on a big sled with a tractor. The whole neighborhood of kids were on that sled. We'd go around a corner and everyone would fly off into the ditch. It hurt like heck, but we laughed and laughed and jumped back on for more. Now I'm afraid to walk out to get my paper for fear I will fall and break my hip. I shuffle around like a little ole' lady. I can't tell you how many times I haven't been able to get up my drive way and into my garage this winter. What good is a garage if you can't get your car into it! Ed shoveled it one time and it about gave him a heart attack. So now he just drives up and down it with his pick up packing it down. I found out that if I turn around up by Brent & Cindy's I can get up enough speed coming in at that direction to make it up into the garage. I don't know why but it works. So far I haven't lost any side mirrors or anything. The snow is packed so tightly that we might have snow on our driveway till next winter. I now know why old people go to Arizona for the winter. If it wasn't for my kids and grandkids we would go too, well except for our jobs, if it wasn't for our kids and grandkids and our jobs we would go too, except for money. If it wasn't for our kids and grandkids and our jobs and money we would go too. I guess we're stuck! thank goodness for my warm fireplace and my dear husband who keeps it burning everyday. If we just didn't have to shuffle off to work everyday!

3 comments:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Youre so funny!! I wish we lived closer so I could help you pack down the snow. Or have my dad pull the kids around on his tractor-sled. Kyle wants to move to AZ or somewhere warm. Maybe we should just pack up and say to Heck with everything else! Let's go where it's warm and for Christmas we go swimming instead of sledding :-)

Erin said...

Well, maybe you could telacommute for work and you can always take the kids and grandkids with you, or skype. I think a winter home sounds great, how about one in Hawaii?

momma buck said...

Joe is ready to move somewhere WARM. When I married him he loved winter, it was his favorite season. We never warmed up the car, even when I was 9 mon. pregnant. NOW! He has those butt warmers on and is trying to move me South!