Saturday, March 26, 2011

Things that never go away.

I have always looked forward to the day when the kitchen table and counter was not covered with back packs, books & homework. I dreamed of a table with a beautiful tablecloth and centerpiece. When the kids were all gone my house would be immaculate with no shoes, coats, and school stuff laying around. Well, here we are, several years later- kids grown and gone - and my table is now covered with Ed's laptop and stacks of copied pictures of tractors, several used car magazines, a nickel saver and finally his briefcase with his geneology. Every chair has a coat draped over it - work coats, nice coats, and sweaters. The kitchen counters are covered with mail waiting to be opened, my Young Women's lesson and materials and a few handouts. There's at least 5 pairs of shoes in the living room and a couple of hats. I don't wear hats. Well, here we are, no better off than when the kids were home. Maybe working full time I'm just too tired to care at this point. The dishes are always done because after all, how many dishes can you use between cereal, toast and cold sandwhiches. I am still hoping to have the immaculate home someday, a table cleared off with beautiful tablecloth and centerpiece. Kitchen counters cleared off. But as long as I have church callings, incoming mail, and no big fancy office for Ed to work in we will have clutter. You can't exist without clutter. Unless you have a full time housekeeper. Maybe I could get me one of those. Anyone know of one?

No comments: