Thursday, August 13, 2009

Confessions of a Soap Opera Addict

They say that when you give up one addiction you find another which is exactly what happened when I gave up diet pepsi last March. Maybe deep down inside I'm not ready to change my evil ways. I have slipped back to an old addiction that I had years ago. I love watching "The Young and Restless" and "All My Children". I used to watch them when my kids were little, EVERY DAY!! Now with the new technology I can even watch them more than once a day. MyBAD! All My Children is on at Noon when I go home for lunch and when I'm watching it at 10:00 at night Ed goes "didn't you watch this today already?" I didn't think he would notice, and I'm embarrassed, like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. But how could I not be interested to see if Nick and Sharon get back together because she is pregnant with his baby and she told him it isn't his because she didn't want to break up his marriage, but now she's in jail because she started stealing things as a way to cope from losing Nick. And what about Ashley,who was pregnant but now she's not and she still thinks she is, but her 30 year old blind step son, Adam, is living with her and Victor and he is trying to drive her out of her mind by dressing up like Victor's former wife who is dead, and caused her to fall down the stairs and lose her baby but he convinced her that it was just a bad dream. (I know, I know, how stupid do they think we are that we would believe this could really happen) But I am drawn into this crap, like a druggie looking for his next fix. I think to myself, I'll just skip a day or two, or I'll just watch a little bit to keep up on whats going on, and then, there I am glued to the tube, anxiously waiting to see if Kendall is going to get out of jail for killing Adam's twin brother - Stewart - which she really didn't do- and she's not really in jail because her husband - Zack - paid a Kendall look alike to go to jail for her and he has her hidden in a secret room in their house while he really finds out who killed Stewert. See, how can you just walk away from entertainment like this! I wonder if they have a rehab for Soap Opera Addicts like me. Maybe I'm the only one. Oh, heaven help me, I do need help!

2 comments:

Mishelle Noyes said...

So that's why you haven't been answering your phone! Lol J/K. As long as your not addicted to anything weird...like "Say yes to the dress" or "What not to wear"

Darla said...

Laurie,
This is to funny! I too am addicted .. mine is Young and Restless & Bold & Beautiful. But since I'm not home during lunch and it's on so late on night.. I go one further.. I read the daily updates on the computer faithfully..

So you are not alone & promise me if you find an addiction meeting for it let me know. I'll join you , you won't be alone *lol*