Monday, August 24, 2009

Grant County Fair. ..isn't fair!

As you all know I am not one to complain. (well maybe once in a while) But I was so disappointed in the fair. I realize the economy is bad but did they have to triple the prices of food at the fair. Imagine my shock when I arrived at my favorite Pronto Pup booth and found the price had jumped from $1.50 to 3.50. And a plate of curly fries had leaped to $6.50!!! When you consider the ingredients of a corn dog, 1 weiner dipped in corn batter and deep fried. And how much would 1 potato cost cut with a curly cutter and deep fried. I'm not a spaceburger eater and wouldn't you know that they were the same price as always. I didn't think the "lion's ear" was that good either. When you get my age the fun thing to do at the fair is eat and its not that fun anymore. And while I'm complaining I really did think Lyn's cake was beautiful and deserved at the very least a blue ribbon! I know it doesn't do any good to complain - maybe I'm just getting old - or maybe I'm still suffering from the M-80 they blew off at the Demo Derby that just about gave me a heart attack!!
I guess its time for me to take my place in the "Senior" section.

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Oh Mother Dearest! We love you so!