Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Blast From The Past

Last night Ed and I traveled to Tri Cities to the Benton Franklin County Fair to hear the Beach Boys perform. Now I realize that there is only 1 true Beach Boy left and the rest were fill ins. But honestly they sounded just like they did 40 years ago when I saw them in concert at the Spokane Colliseum. I was 18 then and I ironed clothes for 2 weeks to earn enough money for tickets for my "then" boyfriend and I to go. If you can believe it my parents also went, and dad loved it. All last night cost was the Senior rate "5.oo" to get into the fair. I didn't know they were playing there until Kevin & Amy told us on Sun. You had to pay for tickets to sit up close and they were sold out. But Kevin said to just go early and they had a section for everyone else to sit "free". So we arrived early, set our chairs up, went and got something to eat, came back, and there was a million other people with the same idea. There wasn't one empty spot of grass in the area. It was just a bunch of 50 & 60 year olds taken back to the good ole' days. I did resist the temptation to stand and dance (unlike alot of others)But it was great anyway. I'm tired today, but happy to have gone down memory lane last night with my "now" boyfriend of almost 38 years. I would like to think my dad was there groovin' with us but I'm sure he has better things to do.

2 comments:

ab5cgang said...

I love the beach boys. Sounds like a lot of fun.

momma buck said...

I didnt know you went to that concert so many years ago. Thats something else I can add to my list that I missed. Ive been imagining dad and mom there with tears in my eyes. That must have been a sight. Thanks for the image.