Tuesday, September 1, 2009

SEPTEMBER !!!!

Where did the summer go? I was working - the story of my life. I wish I could say that we had a wonderful vacation somewhere but no can do. Even though I have hired a lovely assistant and could get away, Ed is stuck on the farm. Why oh why couldn't he have been a lawyer or a business Tycoon or even a teacher! They get a lot of days off. We were married in September and had to hurry to get married between wheat harvest and potato harvest. I asked Ed the other day why he stayed in farming. He is a good mechanic and so talented in the repair department. In fact our motto has always been "Ed Ed he's our man, if he can't fix it no one can!" So here we are 38 years later and still unable to take a summer vacation. But he is doing what he loves. I don't think we would be any better off if he was doing his other dream occupation, 'running demo derbys.' Speaking of September it is a wonderful month. Its full of family wedding anniversaries, & birthdays. Its a month thats not too hot, and not too cold. No matter how old I get I will always remember traveling to Arizona for Rick's wedding and getting ready for my wedding in Sept. 3 of my kids got married in Sept. Its just full of wonderful memories. On Sept. 26th we will be attending the wedding of Skyla and a few days later celebrating the 80th birthday of our sweet mother. It just seems like September is the month to celebrate. So get ready for the fun, exciting days of September. Get ready to CELEBRATE!

1 comment:

Jodie said...

Yay for the month of September!