Thursday, September 3, 2009

What the . . . ?

Yesterday Ed and I were in Taco Bell eating and I saw a couple get out their car coming into Taco Bell, The young man had an orangish red mohawk a mile high and earrings and tatoo's every where possible, the young woman had bright red & black hair and also piecings and tatoos and was carrying a baby. Since I had seen them and Ed had not, after I gasped, I said "Now don't look, and don't stare!" Of course that was all it took and he couldn't take his eyes off of them. I told him to quit staring and he said he just wanted to see how this guy was going to eat with all the nuts and bolts sticking out of his mouth and nose and ears and eye brows. Its not like its unusual to see this kind of stuff anymore. We shouldn't be shocked anymore, but I am. I am just wondering when the day will come when these parents will think it would be cute to pierce Jr.'s nose or lips. Or give him a tatoo or dye his hair orange. A woman just got arrested somewhere for tatooing gang signs on her kids. The world is becoming so bazaar! There has always been weird people, maybe people look at Ed and I say "look at those weird people". I don't know. I'm not a professional but I am worried about what people are beginning to think is "normal". In 20 years when I'm my moms age what will people look like. What will the world look like. I shudder to think. I just hope "normal" will always be my idea of "normal"!

2 comments:

ab5cgang said...

LOL I guess time will tell. I am glad I wasnt there with my kids. The most likely would of been staring.

momma buck said...

And to think I use to have to put up with Kylees comments like: Mom that guy is SMOKING? Or Why is their skin darker than mine? At least I had answers, now days I wouldnt have as explaination for that.