Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Most Embarrasing Moment

I've had alot of embarrassing moments over my life time - but this last weekend has to rate right up there and I'm not sure why I'm even sharing this. It was one of those moments you see happening to other people and you say "gee, I'm sure glad that wasn't me, what a dork!" Now someone has probably said that about me. Ed and I went to Spokane and we were done eating at a resturant. I went to the Ladie's Room and came back and went about emptying our tray, refilling my soda, putting on my coat, when a young man came up to me and said "excuse me mam, but you have a long piece of toilet paper stuck to your shoe." Sure enough, I looked down and there was about a 2 foot streamer of toilet paper stuck to my shoe. As my face turned crimson red I thanked this brave young man & told him how embarrassed I was. He just smiled and went back to his seat. I really was embarrassed but I thought what a brave kid that was. Sometimes its better NOT to know if you did something embarrassing. Then you can go about your business and never know what a spectacle you made of yourself to strangers. But in this case I really appreciated him telling me. Who knows how long I would have walked around with that toilet paper stuck on the bottom of my shoe because Ed never noticed it.Well, maybe he did and just didn't say anything. But this is my advice to others: If you see someone with toilet paper stuck to the bottom of their shoe, TELL THEM. They will be greatful for sure! Even better than that - help them get it off the bottom of their shoe- Ed & I had a heck of a time.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Could have been worse, a least your dress wasn't tucked into your underwear!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Ha! Ha! Oh if it wasn't for the embarassing moments our lives would be boring!

ab5cgang said...

LOL He was very nice to tell you. It seems that you always want to tell someone but it can be hard to go up to some body you dont know.