Monday, May 10, 2010

The Day After Mother's Day

I have to say that this has been one of my favorite Mother's Days of all times. Did Ed get me the wonderful Mother's Day gift that I have always dreamed of? No. Did I get breakfast in bed? No. Did I get to kick back and relax all day? Heck No! In fact my stress level was probably in the danger zone as far as stress levels go. But after having to speak in Sacrement meeting I think the rest of the day was a piece of cake. The highlite of my day was sitting on the stand and watching each one of my kids and their families come into the chapel and Ed trying to find places for all of them to sit. I know it was a sacrifice for some of them to come and I love them for it. (See kids, it really doesn't take much to touch a Mother's heart.) If thats all they would have done it would have been the best gift ever. Our day together was icing on the cake. Ed really did try to do most of the cooking although he let the boys take over with the BBQ. I did find the stickers still on the apples he cut up in the fruit salad before we served it but I know they were washed. He tried hard, bless his heart. (He knows fathers day is coming) The kids gave me some really nice gifts but I want them to know the greatest gifts they have given us is the grandkids. When they come running with their arms out to give hugs, thats the best feeling ever. Today I am exhausted but it is a good exhausted feeling. Its interesting that the older you get - its the little things that make you happy.

No comments: