Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Having Twins Makes You Strong!

I think having twins made me a stronger woman today. Think about it. If you just have one baby eating and crying and pooping its not too bad, (unless you have other toddlers). But if you have two babies eating and crying (and crying) and pooping its a nightmare (other toddlers add to the zoo!) You can't send them back, you can't let someone else take care of them (unless your rich) and you can't put them in a room and shut the door and ignore them. Which of course I never did. So you pull yourself up by your bootstraps (or tennis shoe laces) and put on your happy but tired face and trudge through each long day and night. I never slept the first 3 months of Michael and Mishelle's lives. But one month led into 2 months and 2 months led into 12 months and 12 months led to now 31 years. I can hardly believe it. There were days when I wanted to give up, many days I cried right along with them, and then it got better. They starting sleeping through the night, and then they were potty trained, and they were walking and talking. Everywhere we went people stopped us and were so curious about twins. At that time there weren't many around. But as they grew we realized they were entertainers. Michael the comedian and Mishelle the singer. Sometimes they switched because Michael can sing and Mishelle can be hilarious. What a joy they have been in our lives. I'm glad I didn't give up. They have taught me patience, endurance, long standing, tolerance and love. They have taught me not to give up during any challenge and that I can really accomplish anything the Lord sends me. I still whine & complain (just ask Ed or Brian) But I know in the end everything will be ok and I can do it. I've had some real challenging church jobs, I've had challenges at work, my kids have stressed me to the max, but here we are 31 years later and we've made it so far. Thanks Michael and Mishelle for making me stronger. Thanks to all my kids for the bags under my eyes, the gray hairs, the endless worry wrinkles the rolls of fat (oh yea, thats my fault)
Thanks for making me the strong woman I am today.