Monday, July 5, 2010

Pleasing Your Man- Rated G

When you are a young married woman you try really hard to be the best wife you can be. You make his favorite foods, you keep the house clean, you try to look your best all the time (I know I'm exaggerating a bit) but you get the idea. Then kids happen. And your whole life takes on a whole new interest. Your husband is lucky if he gets dinner,clean house (whats that) and even the idea of looking your best seems like a magical fairytale beyond comprehension. I'm not sure why woman weren't given enough energy for kids AND husbands and I'm not blaming God, but it might be one of the first questions I ask when I get to heaven. But move on about 38 years - if your lucky - and the kids are gone - and there you are. 2 old people who barely resemble the newlywed couple they were 38 years ago. Now that you have the time to cook, clean and look good - its almost too late and what little energy you did have is used up getting out of bed, brushing your teeth and moving from room to room. And if you still work, forget any other activities. Well, thats what I thought until Saturday. Ed and I finally had a day with nothing else going on and he asked me if I would go fishing with him. In his dingy. (This is a true story, I promise) I had no excuses, I had had my coritzone shot so now I could get in the boat, I didn't have any other events going on and so off we went early Sat. morn. A stop for worms, McDonalds for breakfast, and we were in the lake by 8. Ed, Chessie and I. Yes I would have rather been having a pedicure or shopping but I have to say that the couple of hours we spent putting around Blue Lake was really relaxing. We didn't catch anything and once the water skiers, and jet skiers came out the relaxation was over. In fact- from the waves of the big boats we were bobbing up and down like 2 giant puff marshmallows on high seas. We made our way back to the dock where a very kind young man helped load the boat onto the trailer. (Another advantage of getting old) And Ed was a happy man. He had got to go fishing and I was along for the ride. I didn't have to cook, or clean or comb my hair. How easy was that and he was happy. I'm a lucky woman!

No comments: