Friday, November 12, 2010

Goodbye 50's

Today is my last day of being in my 50's. Boo Hoo! Which makes me wonder - when does middle age end and old age begin? I know I'm getting close because I ache everywhere, I have no energy and my body is giving out on me. Gosh, I sound like my mother. I went to the store today to try to find a new Birthday outfit. What happened to cute clothes? The department I used to shop in now has racks and racks of tight fitting, sleezy, low cut, short sleeve see thru tops. It doesn't matter whether you wear small or extra large, they all fit the same. Pants are just as bad. Where did the waist go on pants? Who voted to move the waist band from the middle of our body to below our big bellies? I'm just not that comfortable with my belly hanging over the waist of my pants. I may be wrong but I believe Waist bands were meant to hold in the belly. So here I am in the old ladies section - pants with elastic waists, tent looking tops - comfort, comfort, comfort. I guess thats a big sign of old age, when comfort is more important than fashion. Although my brain thinks I'm still in my 30's - I want to look young and stylish, my body is telling me I passed stylish about 10 years ago. You just can't look stylish in stretch pants and orthopedic shoes no matter how hard you try. My goal for the 60's is to get healthy and lose those 30 lbs. that were my goal in the 50's. Hey, you're only a failure if you totally give up. I feel I have alot of years left in me - now if my brain could just tell my body that we'll do just fine.

No comments: