Monday, November 1, 2010

Its that time of year!

Yeah! Halloween's over! Party's over!! Nov. 1st - Christmas ads have begun! A new month a new stress! Christmas gift shopping. What to get everyone? Will they like it? Will it be good enough? Its now 54 days that will fly by faster than a cat covering crap. And as each day goes by I start hyperventilating faster and faster. How do people shop all year "for Christmas"? I am the kind of shopper that buys something and if I find something cheaper or better I take it back and exchange it. I would never be done because I would be shopping and returning all year. I also have a bad memory and am still finding gifts I bought and hid 4 years ago. So the longer I wait the better it is but the more stressed I am. It would be nice if we only had shopping to do but there is work, church callings, family events, Thanksgiving and now another road trip to Kansas thrown in there. (Thats another blog story all its own!) I don't have any answers other than doing away with gift exchanges - not a real popular idea - So ready or not let the shopping begin!

3 comments:

AOlson said...

I hear you Lorrie!! I am actually getting really excited for Black Friday! Kevin and I have so much fun every year. Although this year, we dicided we may do more than half od our shopping on-line.

Jodie said...

I love Christmas! But, I have done absolutely nothing yet. Have lots of ideas, but that's about it.

Todd and Shana said...

I started shopping all year and LOVE it! Mostly just for my kids though. It's all stuff I picked up on clearance. I have pretty much have all their little gifts so I just have their big gifts left to buy, much less stress for me! I'm still stressing about everyone else though!