Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving?


This is Grandma Cox speaking: Its the most happiest time of the year - again- "The Holidays" and here we are trying to figure out what to do for Thanksgiving and Christmas. As many of you know our family isn't getting any smaller - and thats ok - we love family! You are my family and I guess you can blame it on Grandpa and I cause we are the ones that got this started. When we were young and having our kids the last thing on my mind was that someday I would be 81 with 120 of my posterity wondering where we were going to be having Thanksgiving dinner and a Christmas get together. I would have you all to my little apartment but I don't even have room for a 14 lb. turkey let alone my family. And if I did I would. My dear sweet oldest daughter, (who is just about as old as me) -and who has hosted many Thanksgiving dinners - has just informed me she won't be here for Thanksgiving this year. I was wondering if anyone else would like to host Thanksgiving this year? So what I'm asking first of all is if you could respond to this and tell me how many of you are planning on being here? Second - would anyone like to host this year? We could just skip this year and not all get together? What do you think? We will discuss Christmas on my next blog I dictate to Lorrie.

6 comments:

Jodie said...

Well, we plan on being there. I'm not sure our house is quite big enough to host it. Do we try to have it at the Senior Center again?

Drew and Jennie said...

My little family will be at Mattawa this year.

Todd and Shana said...

We will be at the Chamberlain's again for Thanksgiving. Never seems to work out quite right for us at Thanksgiving....we'll be around for Christmas though!

ab5cgang said...

We plan on being at the Cox Thanksgiving this year. I am like Jodie. Not sure people can really fit in my house. We have a hard time just getting the Rick Cox family in here.
So did we not like the Senior Center? Let me know though. I would love to help!!!

Erin said...

We will be there. I think the senior center again would be great. It had plenty of room to eat and visit and the kids to play and tv's.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.