Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

AHHHH the aroma of BBQ chicken, & poopy diapers.It just wouldn't be Mother's day without the 2. We have often talked about going out to dinner on MOther's Day but look at what all we would miss. Loud schrilling screams, food spills, whining, messes, blood & first aid experience. We did do something different this year. We had all the moms go thru the food line first and we got to eat at the Big table. The dads had to take their kids thru the line and eat outside. It was so nice. I just want to tell my daughter and daughter in laws how much I appreciate them. Being a mom is such hard work and takes so much courage and strength and patience. Sometimes you just want to throw your hands in the air and say "I give up" I'm sure I said it more than once. And yet somehow we go forward and pretty soon the kids are in school and we have more time to ourselves. And they get involved in sports and activities and we go and cheer them on. The work is still there but it gets more enjoyable. I think Heavenly Father realized what we could handle at each stage in our lives. As I was scrubbing the jello off of my kitchen floor Sunday night - I could hear Ed throwing toys in the toy box in the basement. We were tired, but it was a good tired. I loved having everyone of my kids come to my house Sunday and I especially loved having my grandkids there. Yes they make noise and YES they make messes but when they are gone the house is so quiet. Quiet is good, but theres nothing like the sound of grandchildren laughing and excited to see Grandma and Grandpa and their cousins. I love it.

1 comment:

Mishelle Noyes said...

We are like your tornadoes. We come and distroy and then leave your house in ruins! But we love it there! You make such a peaceful fun place to come and enjoy. We appreciate everything you do!