Monday, May 4, 2009

I wished I'd married a Dentist

Ed's a real handy man. There isn't many things he can't do. He has even cut my hair for the last 20 years. But he can't fix my teeth. If I had all the money that we have paid dentists over the years we would be retired and traveling the country in our huge luxery Winnabego. I don't understand how one little tooth can cause so much pain and cost so much money to fix!!! And when it hurts you would sell your own child to get the money to fix it. (well maybe not) But tooth pain is like no other pain. Labor pains can't even compare to it. We went on a 2 week trip one time with all of our kids and Ed's mom and I got a toothache while we were gone. I swallowed aspirin like candy and all it did was make me mean. Its a good thing we didn't have a gun or surely I would have used it. I'm suprised my mother in law still speaks to me. My worst toothaches come late at night or on weekends. I've been to the emergency room and walk in clinics and got Dr. Schafer out of bed at night more than once to come put me out of my misery. I follow Sharon around to every dentist office she has worked at begging her to do whatever it takes to get me in. I'm like an addict but get no joy or high out of my pain except for laughing gas. Sharon understands because she is the same way and so is Lyn. I've been to the dentist 3 times for one stinkin tooth this last week. This last time I had a cold sore and Dr. Dorrow told me they were caused from stress and I needed to pack my bags and go to Hawaii for a week. I would like to have replied "Maybe I can go to Hawaii with you because you have all of my money." Well he is a nice guy and so I couldn't be mean and after all he had a big needle in his hand. So if you don't have bad teeth thank your lucky stars and count all your money. If you have a dentist in the family your extra blessed. I on the other hand can always count on a fast demo car and a good hair cut. Its a good thing he's good lookin'!

3 comments:

ab5cgang said...

I am so sorry that you have had such problems. I think Brent will be that way. He has really bad teeth. I hope things look better soon. By the way I just love reading your blog. Maybe you should right a book with some short stories in it. Then you can go to Hawaii.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I'll send you to Hawaii, you deserve it for raising such good kids! Keep your chin up you are so nice to everyone the karma will come back around.

AOlson said...

I always get a good little laugh when I read your posts. Thanks. Well, I have to say that Jacob has inherited your teeth. That boy tries so hard to brush and not eat candy and he still always has something wrong. Kayla on the other hand, never a cavity any where and I swear she dumps a bag of sugar in her mouth everyday and never brushes her teeth.

Maybe if you have Ed take you for a fast ride in the Demo Car you will forget about the tooth ache!!