Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Confessions of A Lonely Housewife

Okay, so as I read your responses to my blog I feel really guilty. Ed had been gone for almost 7 days when I wrote that blog and until the weekend I must confess that I was quite enjoying myself. Please don't feel sorry for me, I'm ok. I was worried about Ed though. Sending him off without me to direct his every move. What was he going to do? Remember us being lost in the Las Vegas Airport? I could just see him falling asleep on one of the benches during his 2 hour layover in Seattle and missing his flight to Spokane. A few years ago when he was working for Roylances he had to fly to Minneapolis to bring back an old truck they had bought. The owner of the truck picked him up at the airport and they drove a couple of hours to get the Truck. When they got there the truck wouldn't start so Ed told the guy he had some Coveralls in his suitcase he would have to change into before he worked on the truck. So he got his old brown suitcase out and opened it up in front of the guy and here it was full of ladies clothes-bras, panties and everything. Ed goes,"well these aren't mine" And the guy looks at him like "sure they aren't". After he convinced the guy this wasn't his suitcase they had to drive all the way back to the airport and find the lady who had taken his suitcase. The suitcases were exactly alike. So you see this could have ended badly. Thank goodness there was another brown suitcase. But he is home now, safe and sound, Chessie is thrilled and I am too.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

I am glad that Uncle Ed made it home safely. And it seems like ya'll always have the funniest stories to share!

ab5cgang said...

Welcome home Uncle Ed. We are always happy to see you both around.
I would look into the ladies clothes thing. ;)

AOlson said...

I remember that story about the luggage switch!! LOL. Are there family secrets that I don't know about? Just kidding! Glad he made it home safely. How's is Uncle Fritz? See you on Saturday!

Mishelle Noyes said...

See I'm not just silly it's genetics! Stuff like that happens to me all of the time and it has just been past down from generation to gerneration. But I am glad he is home now I need to borrow him rotetellar :-)