Monday, April 13, 2009

'True Grit'

It takes 'True Grit' to be in the Cox family. And we all got plenty of 'grit' at the Cox family Easter party Sat. Gritty teeth, grit in our ears and in our hair and lots of other places. We ate gritty (but delicious) food, we wiped grit out of our eyes and we loved it. Brian said that on their way to the party Brennen said this was his favorite holiday, and that he loved running in the sage brush looking for eggs.(I don't think he got that from his mama) I could tell that all of the little grandkids loved it. They don't care if the wind in blowing a 100 miles an hour. They don't care if dirt is worling around and getting in everything. (I heard once that if you wanted to make your kids ammuned to everything - let them play in the dirt.) Well Grandpa Cox loved sage brush picnics. Wind or not. We honor him every year by having this sage brush Easter Egg hunt. My hat is off to daughter in laws and son in laws who brave the wind and dirt and have learned that this is one holiday you don't have to dress up for. Thanks everyone for the wonderful food and laughter. Isn't that what life is all about. What a great family!

2 comments:

ab5cgang said...

Thanks for having us. I love it and look forward to it every year. I even said to Grandma I wish we got together more often.
I do remeber the walk to the lake and wish everyone could of done it at least once. I think Grandpa is very happy that we keep it up.

Mishelle Noyes said...

Dont forget smelling like fire when you go to church the next day because you can't get it out of your hair or off your skin :-) Always a wonderful day no matter what! Nothing can get our spirits down!