Monday, April 6, 2009

Why We Need Cell Phones!

A man was on TV last week saying how we could all save so much money by getting rid of our cell phones. I don't use mine alot, but when I need it - I NEED it! For instance Sat. Ed & I went to Moses Lake & I had forgotten my cell phone- he knew I didn't have it- when we got to Walmart we couldn't find a place to park so he dropped me off at the "Food" entrance & said he would drive around until a place opened up in Handicap parking. We were in a hurry to get to Madi's B-day party so I said I would be fast. When I came out the "Food" entrance (where he had dropped me) I did not see his pick up anywhere, I walked back and forth, do you know how many white pickups there are?!!!! But they were way out there. So I went inside and sat on the bench thinking that maybe he would come looking for me.(I know thats a stretch but he knew I didn't have my cell phone and how could I know where he parked) I remembered there was a pay phone inside so I ran to it but it was credit card only & tight wad me thought that surely he would come looking for me any minute or I would see someone I know with a cell phone. Ok its been over an hour now since he dropped me off wouldn't you think that maybe he would think "I bet since she doesn't know where I parked I better go see if she can't find me." Or that he would see me waundering back and forth. So I went and sat on the bench again wondering what life would be like as a older single divorced woman and if a divorce would effect my adult children. Now its 2 hours since he dropped me off and the party started an hour ago. I am not seeing straight at this point, my head is throbbing but I realize I am going to have to go walk the parking lot. . .so I head down to the other entrance of the parking lot and see about 5 white pick ups out a ways and so I cautiously approached the first one and find Ed sleeping as sound as a baby. I will leave out the rest of the story as to spare you all some words that I use only in hi stressed moments. Needless to say I will never be without my cell phone again. And Ed will never just "drop" me off and go find a place to park. I'm not sure we will ever go to Wal Mart again together in the same vehicle. But I know time heals all- how else would we still be together all these years.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

I would be livid! I don't know how people lived without cell phones. I guess it is the same way they lived without air conditioning and indoor plumbing. I am just thankful that I didn't grow up back in those days.

Mishelle Noyes said...

Oh that Dad! I'm sorry you have to live through those moments! Cell phones are over rated! But I can't live without one. Mine went dead yesterday and I went crazy trying to figure out who was trying to get a hold of me! Well when I got it charged up it was Weston's teacher I forgot he had his afterschool program and he was sitting there waiting for me to come and pick him up!