Monday, April 27, 2009

A Week Without Ed.....

When Ed told me that he wanted to fly to Kansas and visit his brother for a week my first thought was, but I'll be all alone for a whole week, and there are gangs here, and drive by shootings, and you just tore down our back fence and I have no protection. And then I thought, A whole week to myself. No meals to prepare, no extra shoes laying around, no snoring at night, and best of all, the channel changer all to myself. So off he flew- last Wed. And I had my peace and quiet. I could do anything I wanted, eat anything I wanted. I could lay on the couch and not hear, "can you come help me load these bricks, whats for dinner, have you seen my hat? It was pretty nice until I got a tooth ache and had to go to the dentist and have 2 root canals which he left open to drain for a week. So, I can't eat anything I want. I am lonely and have a greater appreciation for my mom and the loneliness she feels without my dad. I have found that the extra shoes laying around are mine, the mess in the kitchen is mine, and even though there is no snoring there are lots of strange noises at night to still keep me awake. A neighbor stopped by to tell me our flag had come undone and was flying illegally - I just told him Ed would be home Tues and he would take care of it. And then as soon as it got dark I went out and struggled to get it down and off the pole. Chessie is depressed and just sits there looking at me all droopy eyed wondering where her master went and why don't I pet her and love her like he does. Tomorrow he returns and we will be back to normal. I think I like normal better, snoring and all.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

I didn't realize Uncle Ed was gone. There are times when I think how nice it would be to have a couple of nights all to myself. No Bryce, no kids, no anything. If you were too lonely, you could have most definitely borrowed Cooper for an hour or two! :-)

ab5cgang said...

You totally should of called. We could of helped you with the flag. I did notice I haven't seen Uncle Ed. The twins are home ;), not visiting Uncle Ed. Well I am glad he is home soon.

Mishelle Noyes said...

Thanks for watching the girls Friday night! It was so nice to run to tri-cities and back. Sorry you are lonely...he is a pretty special person! Love ya!