Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh, Valentines Day. . .

The dreaded Valentines Day where in my wildest dreams Ed takes me to a wonderful resturant for a candelite dinner and we sit and talk about love and stuff (not cars, or pickups or motors & tires) and he brushes the hair away from my eyes and hands me an evelope which I cautiously open and read, I've booked a night in the fantasy suit and if you choose to stay here is the key. (record scratching sound) Back to reality. Our Valentines day is spent going to Moses Lake asking each other "where do you want to eat? "I don't know, where do you want to eat? I don't care, where ever you want to eat." Eye yi yi! After 39 Valentines days together, 40 counting the year we were engaged, (which,I might add was the one and only romantic valentines day we ever had) You would think we could come up with something better. (Or he could) I'm just sayin'. But in his defense, he says he has tried and I complained so now I'm gettin' nothin'. So there you go. Warning to all young marrieds, even if all you get is one of those miniture rose plants and a hershey bar, don't complain, it might be the last Valentines gift you ever get!

3 comments:

AOlson said...

Well, I am not sure were Kevin gets it from then. Maybe he's a romantic like you, but he ALWAYS finds a way to sweep me off my feet. Even if we say we are not going to do anything, he always does something. One year he wrote me a poem and recited it to me, and of course there have been flowers and amazing dinners at Cedars on the River and a few that I will keep to myself;)

BTW I love the way your post started out. It was great, I totally pictured it. I tried to read it to Kevin but he asked me to stop. Apparently he didn't want that vicual of his parents.

Erin said...

I've decided it's overated. We had a romantic day spent walking through Lowes and Costco, followed by a gourmet dinner of mac and cheese and will probably finish it off with kids sleeping in our bed. Gotta love it!

Nick and Mischelle said...

Umm, well nice job bro Kevin.. Not sure where the genitic impulse for romance comes from, but as long as I can do it I guess I dont care... lol... And Mac and Cheese should never be in the comment, or for that fact, Costco, or any other food chain store.. Valintines to me means Diamonds and roses, sorry mom, maybe your comments throughout life I listened to, well about that anyway..lol.. Not a bad thing just makes it easier for me, ha ha.. Guess I would pass on a transmition for what I get in return... lol sorry for saying that.... Really..