Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OK! I'll keep blogging.(For now)

So Ed and I went to Walmart Friday night. . . .(You asked for it) Now usually when we go into Walmart together Ed heads for the sporting goods department and I tour the whole store. We decide on a time to meet back up front which usually means I'm on time and he's alot later. Anyway, on this particular night, for some unknown reason, (and this is a first for him,) he decides to #1 push the cart and # 2 follow me. So I decide that the only thing we're buying tonight is food. I do have a list and so we proceed to the first thing on my list. I'm not used to someone shadowing me while I'm grocery shopping and now the questions begin. Why are you buying that? I think you should buy this. Do you really need that? Ei,yi, yi! As we continue through the store he decides he forgot crackers, so he tells me to stay right where I am and he will be back. (What, am I 5 years old!) I don't know what there is about getting older but when someone tells you to do something you want to do the opposite especially if its your husband!) So I continue looking for the things on my list which means I have to leave the spot he told me to stay in. As I'm returning to the spot I was supose to stay in he is just getting back and I get a little lecture on not being where I should have been, what if he had had to go looking for me, blah, blah blah. So needless to say my list was cut short as I decided it would be better to go without a few things than endure the torture of grocery shopping with Ed. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly. But we each have our duties, his is to go to the sporting goods department and mine is to buy whatever I want. When we cross those lines its unnatural, weird, and just plain wrong. We're gettin to old to change our routine now.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

That's too funny! You guys crack me up!

kY said...

AMEN!! sounds like Joe and I to a T. SHARON