Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!

As I was thinking back over this last year I was thinking about our family and how we have changed. Of course we are growing - in number and physically. Deby's house was bursting at the seams on Christmas as we crowded in trying to be together one more year. As each grandchild graduates from High School they become eligable to play the gift exchange game. This was Ben's year to join. I think close to 44 family members were here and played this year. I don't know how long we will be able to keep this event going - in someone's home that is. We might have to rent a bigger building next year. Anyway as I was reflecting on this past year - in our family we had 2 weddings, Andrew and Jennie's and Jeff and Lili's - there were 4 more great grandchildren added, Maddox, Sara, Ella Rose and Sullivan. 4 great grandchildren got baptized, Jacob, Brooklyn, Cara and Brayden. Ben & Skyla graduated from High School. Nick is engaged and hoping to get married soon and Levi is getting married Friday which will start out our New Year and be posted as 2009's first family event. We are excited for Ben going thru the Temple the 22nd and then on his mission by the end of the month. I have heard rumors that Chris and Erin might be moving to Washington soon and that is exciting. I hope I haven't missed anything -please forgive me if I have. Its hard keeping up with this large family and no paid reporters. I hope you will all continue to keep me informed so I can tell everyone here and keep sending me birthday dates and anniversary dates so I can keep the calendar current. I hope this New Year brings you many blessings and joys and lots of laughter.

No comments: