Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ed's New Girlfriend. . .

I don't know what her name is but her initials are G.P.S. Ed got a new GPS system and so we took a road trip to Spokane last weekend. I drove while he hooked it up. While I was driving all of sudden I heard this quiet pretty voice say "You're exceeding the speed limit" I looked at Ed then the GPS then my speedometer. I was barely off the 70. I kept going and she said it again. And again. Pretty soon I was arguing with her! So Ed took over driving. She also told him when he was exceeding the speed limit but he didn't seem to care. When we got in Spokane I entered our destination address and by dang she told him every turn and street to take right to our destination. I didn't have to say a word. When she said turn right he did. When she said turn left he did. No arguing, no shouting no dirty looks. (If only it could tell him when the light was green or red, but hey, maybe someday) I just set back and enjoyed the ride. I got to thinking how great it would be to have a GPS for men at home. A beautiful calm voice would remind him "You left your socks and shoes in the living room" "The garbage needs to go out" Your plate needs to go in the dishwasher" You left the milk out" (well there's not room for all my list) But just think how much voice we could save and no nagging. Well I can dream can't I.

5 comments:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Ha Ha! You guys need to be on a reality show! People would be addicted to watching you guys interact! But seriously you need to Paten a personal GPS system for men and children! The world would be a better place!

AOlson said...

LOL!! I am laughing so hard. I LOVED this post!! A GPS system at home for men would be PERFECT!!! I can use your list and add a TON more to it and MAYBE stuff will get done without me nagging and looking like the bad guy. We need one for kids to - brush your teeth, do your homework, go to bed, etc., etc. :)

P.S. You will always be my favorite mother-in-law even if GPS (or whatever her name is) is in the picture now;)

Jodie said...

ROFL!!! I so agree with Mishelle and Amy! A GPS system at home for all the husbands in the world would be absolutely wonderful!

Erin said...

AMEN!!!

Cox Family News said...

I HAVE TO TELL YOU THE REST OF THE STORY WHEN I GOT THE GPS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD WHEN WE TRAVEL SO LORRIE WOULDNT HAVE TO STAY AWAKE AND NAG AT MY DRIVING ALL THE WAY THERE AND ALL THE WAY BACK. WHEN I GOT IT HOOKED UP AND PROGRAMED AND WHEN THE SOFT YOUNG FEMALE VOICE STARTED HELPING ME GET TO OUR DESTINATION. I THINK LORRIE FELT A LITTLE LEFT OUT, ANOTHER WOMAN TELLING HER MAN WHAT TO DO. I THINK SHE SABATOSHED IT BECAUSE THE MAP WAS UPSIDE DOWN AND THE VOICE WAS ALL MIXED UP. I THINK THIS HAS A GOOD SIDE THOUGH. IT HAS HELPED OUR RELATIONSHIP SHE HAS BEEN NICER TO ME LATELY.SO GUYS GET YOU A GPS AND IT HELPS MORE WAYS THEN ONE. NOW YOU HEARD THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORIE.