Sunday, February 1, 2009

Steelers vs. Cardinals

When did the Super Bowl become a National Holiday?! If anyone went to the grocery store Sat. you would have thought that they were getting ready for Christmas or Thanksgiving. We had to drive to 3 different grocery stores (not my choice) so Ed could find oysters to fry up for today. They were hard to find - not because they just didn't carry them- they were sold out! Yuk! I really could care less about the game - it could be the Sonics vs. Red Sox for all I care. Our family went and saw a football game in Seattle once and it was the Steelers vs. Seahawks. (free tickets) They stopped every play for a commercial break! Its all a big money thing. And I'm sure plenty is made from it. Everyone kept asking me who I was cheering for today and I really didn't care - I did know this much - the Cardinals were the least likely to win - I'm always a softie for the underdog - but what really made me want them to win is when they announced that President Obama was for the Steelers. (sorry, I can't help it) The thing I do like about Super Bowl is that it brings families together. It seems to be kind of irreverent for a Sunday activity - but at least its after church. I'm ashamed to say I even have money riding on this game. Its a pool at work. Brian has explained it to me a hundred times and I just don't get it. I told him to just tell me if I win anything. Now that will excite me. Especially since I have $2 whole dollars on the line! Well it could turn into $25 Brian said. I'm not promoting gambling in anyway - that would just be wrong! I'm just doing my bit to stimulate the economy.

3 comments:

AOlson said...

I guess we should be saying "Welcome to the Obama Era." He seems to be winning everything.

So did you win any money?

Jodie said...

Yeah, I am with Amy. Did you win any money??

Cox Family News said...

I really came close at the first and at the last. But no I'm out 2 bucks!! But the game was good and so was the food we ate while watching the game! Brian made some go BBQ ribs!
Lorrie