Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goodbye Mary and Joseph . . .

Well since its the first week of February we decided it was time to take Joseph and Mary off of our front porch. I told Ed that either we had to put them away or put a heart shaped box of chocolates in Joseph's hands. I looked around the living room and noticed I had replaced my pine wreath over the fireplace with a nice springy floral wreath but my Christmas village is still on top of the TV. Its interesting that the longer something sits out the easier it is to get used to it and not really see it. I think the cold weather makes it hard to put away winter decorations. Its just that blah time of year. I noticed that I'm not the only one though. I still see Christmas lights "on" - by the way - here and there and we drove by a house last Sat. night that still had their Christmas tree up with lights on in their living room. Time just flys by so fast that its hard to move from one holiday to another without crossing over. As I sit here at the table with my red Christmas holiday tablecloth - I really think I just don't care anymore. Valentines Day decorations are red. I paid 5.00 for this tablecloth and I should be able to use it for more than just 1 month. I am planning on taking down my Christmas Village though, but if you happen to come visit me and you see any Christmas decorations would you please tell me. Ed doesn't care - he thinks its still December.

2 comments:

ab5cgang said...

You are funny. I still see Christmas stuff up. I just took my down about two weeks ago. But keep on forgetting to take the snowman out side down. I walk by him and think I need to put him away. But when i come in side I don't want to go back out.

Mishelle Noyes said...

Hmmmm...so that's where I get it from. I thought it was just procrastination but it's actually genetics! Mom, I still have my Christmas tree up!! I feel it just adds a special touch to the house :-) And also it takes a lot of courage to put baby Jesus back in a box and on a shelf for a whole year! It's just wrong so therefore the nativity gets to sit out a little bit longer. :-)