Sunday, February 22, 2009

Are Looks All That Important?

Well it depends. For those of you that have seen me lately you might be wondering when I started undergoing chemo treatments - No I'm not sick - My hair is very short. Last week end I was debating whether to get my hair cut in a salon or have Ed cut it as usual. Well he talked me into going - and I don't know why because he has seen me cry every time I get my hair cut in a salon) well I have never had my hair cut that short & I have had short haircuts! I told her exactly what I wanted but the only thing I can think of is a guy in the chair next to me was getting a mohawk and she must have been watching and got crazy with the razor. Well I did cry all the way home but Ed consoled me and kept telling me how good it looked. (He later admitted he was just glad he didn't have to cut it- he even went so far as to tell everyone to tell me how good it looked.) But I'm over it now and trying to work with what little bit I have. I was listening to the news the other night and they were looking for a criminal on the run. They were describing the person's looks- they never say good things - they never say - we're looking for a slim, attractive, flawless complexion white female - its always 200 lb white female with stringy hair, mole on side of nose & unsightly zit scaring on face. Now that right there would keep me from committing a crime and hiding out. Who wants their weight & blemishes shouted over the TV - its bad enough to have them. Not that I'm ever going to commit a crime but if I do I want to look my best. I don't know why I'm blogging this, This is what happens when you don't have any kids at home to blog about!

5 comments:

ab5cgang said...

Brent says it only takes a couple of weeks for a bad hair cut to look better. But this from a man that when I recieved a bad hair cut said I looked fine. Only to have him years later tell me he was just saying that to get me to stop crying. I am sorry. Good luck and remember you are a beautiful person.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I thought your haircut was gorgeous and well done! I'm not saying this because you are my mom but because I really do like it. You are beautiful. Whenever I'm putting my makeup on in the morning I always think of watching you when I was little and how I hoped I looked like you when I grew up. I think I am and I love it!

Cox Family News said...

You know you don't have to flatter me to babysit for ya!
Love, Mom

Erin said...

I can't believe you let Ed cut your hair to begin with! I would never ever let Chris even attempt to cut my hair. Scarey. I must say I am impressed with Ed's hairdresser skills! A little hidden talent!

Cox Family News said...

Eds Comment. With a little hair spray and a little makeup and a new dress and a steak and lobster dinner (no mention of) She started to come out of the disapointment.A great learning exp.I could have saved a bunch. A point. why is it so hard to find a place that cuts our hair the way we like it. I have went to every barber in town and its eather clear cut time or the beatle cut. I realy do like her hair cut, i tkink it makes her look younger and thinner. ya mishelle with a short cut you would look like your mom .Twins