Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Valentine's Day

A few months ago I saw an article in a magazine that asked people to send in a story about their best Valentine's day - they would choose a winner and the winner would win a romantic trip somewhere for 2. It sounded like a great idea but I thought and I thought and couldn't come up with anything that would win me a trip. I thought I could make up something but they would probably check it out. I had a steady boyfriend in high school who always broke up with me right before Valentines day and then we got back together afterwards. What a jerk! I always have had this dream in the back of my head that Ed will suprise me with diamond earrings or a cruise. Something that wasn't my idea or something I don't have to figure out how we're going to pay for - for the next 2 years. He once told me he would rather hang by his toe nails than have to pick out a gift for me. So that right there tells me that I won't be getting any suprises. Its not that I'm picky, I just want him to read my mind and know what I want. But I have to say that after being married for 38 years I know he loves me, I know he would do anything for me, and I know he would buy anything I pick out. What more could a woman ask for? Romance is overrated anyway. McDonalds, Table for 2 please.

4 comments:

Mishelle Noyes said...

Ya, I know the feeling. My husband doesn't believe in Valentine's Day. He thinks it's an economic conspiracy! So therefore won't contribute to the hallmark industry. BUT...he does take me on a very romantic date the day afterwards with a little surprise gift. Oh well...I wonder if there are holidays in heaven ...hmmm

Jodie said...

Yeah, Bryce doesn't believe in it either. He asked me today what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I said nothing.

ab5cgang said...

Ok. So I have to say Brent is pretty good about Valentines Day when he doesn't have a wrestling match. That comes first.
But I laughed so hard at this post. The most that I have laughed in a long time. Thank you very much. I loved the hanging by his toe nails thing.

Todd and Shana said...

Todd doesn't do much for Valentine's Day either, and I never really cared all that much until I started working at the flower shop on Valentine's Day. Something about making and delivering beautiful bouquets for every other woman in town while you get nothing...kinda sucks. We'll see if he learned his lesson this year. I'm hoping he'll get through his head that it doesn't have to be something big and expensive, just SOMEthing!