Thursday, February 19, 2009

Funny Memories

I know you've all heard this before but one of the funniest memmories I can remember with Grandpa Cox was when we went to Rick & Sharon's wedding in Arizona. But we took the scenic route around by Colorado to visit Aunt Vicki. If you can imagine 5 of us kids and mom and dad in the tiniest camper that sleeps 4 at the most. Dad kept promising us we would stay in a motel but I realize now that he was probably the thriftiest dad ever - As I remember it - Dad had slept in the cab of the pick up the morning we left Colorado so we could get an early start. We get to keep sleeping while Dad drove. Also know that we have no communication with the cab from the camper. Well by the time we pulled into New Mexico we had to go to the bathroom so bad & were so glad when dad pulled into a gas station. As soon as he stopped Deby jumped out and dad decided the gas was too high so he started going again. We hollared at Deby who was already halfway to the bathroom and she came running behind the camper. We had a hold of her hand and she was hopping on one foot as we were trying to pull her in. We were laughing so hard and trying not to pee our pants at the same time. We finally got her in and the funny thing was that Dad didn't know any of this was going on until he finally found a gas station with cheap gas and stopped!
That trip was probably the worst trip of my life but the funnest and most memorable. I was getting married in 3 weeks and Deby was getting married in Nov. So we were lovesick and being cramped in that small camper with 7 people (some snorers) was not where I wanted to be. But I will never forget it. (P.S. We did finally get to stay in a motel on the way home in Salt Lake City)

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Too funny! I can just picture that in my head! I bet ya'll have some great memories growing up. Thanks for sharing some with those of us who were not lucky enough to meet Grandpa Cox.

ab5cgang said...

How funny. I have never heard that one. I can see you all just laughing.