Saturday, July 25, 2009

If I have to make one more Potato Salad. . . .

I know I'm always complaining about something but I have made enough potato salad this summer to feed a nation! The good thing about potato salad is that you always have the ingredients the bad thing about potato salad is the peeling, cutting, cooking, and the mess! Have you ever wondered who invented potato salad. Who in their right mind decided one day, I think I'll mix some potatoes and boiled eggs and put some mayonaise in it! And just for fun I'll add some mustard and dill pickles. It must have been a pregnant woman. Oh well, it is delicious. I am ashamed to admit that I never really made good potato salad until a couple of years ago. Until I made a few changes to it and come up with my "secret recipe." At work I have to serve lunch to visiting customers a few times a year. The first year I made my "secret recipe" potato salad and much to my suprise it got rave reviews. The next year it was requested and now is required for every lunch I do. I just hired Kylee Buck to work with me at Pure Line Seed and the first thing my boss asked me about her is "Can she make Potato Salad?" I know this is a stupid blog, but all I've done the last few months is make food and feed people. Lots of people. People I know and people I don't know. Even people from other countries. And they do love the "tator salad".

3 comments:

Todd and Shana said...

Well I love your tater salad too and I don't think this is a dumb blog post! I've never had to be in charge of feeding that many people, but I know the feeling of getting sick of making something over and over!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Hey Mom...Can you make a potato salad for this party I'm throwing? Ha! Ha! Knowing you you would say yes! I love your potato salad!! It's delicious!

Cox Family News said...

I will make potato salad for anyone who needs it. Especially for you! Its the only thing I'm good at.
Mom