Wednesday, June 10, 2009

An Accident waiting to happen. . . .

I wish I knew how to put pictures on my blog. I know it would really spice things up. Especially with the event that happened last night. I recieved a phone call about 4:00 from Mishelle - she had fallen at work and was being taken to the walk in clinc with a possible broken foot. Bill Porter, Moses Point golf course manager had come to her rescue. You all know that Mishelle doesn't slow down for a minute and as she was rushing thru a puddle of water at work her feet slipped and down she went landing on her foot. I got to the clinc and found her sitting in a wheel chair with a bag of ice on the most black and blue and purple foot I have ever seen. It was an almost comical moment but she was in so much pain I dared not smile. She told me the story how she had slipped and fallen and then had to crawl into her office - get a baggy - fill it with ice from the freezer - put it on her foot, then call for help. So I got to the clinic in time to wheel her into X-ray. Then we had to wait for about an hour to see the DR. Poor Mishelle, she had taken pain pills but was hurting so bad. So mommy ran down town to get her a Tropical Smoothie from Jack in the Box and that seemed to help a little. The good news is her foot isn't broken but badly sprained and in the Dr.s words "a sprain is as bad as a break sometimes" So we drove around town getting perscriptions and finding some crutches. Then home to find Kyle doing the dishes and the kids cleaning the house. Its a painful way to get your husband to do the dishes and your kids to clean the house but for 1 night she got to be Queen for a day. She is a little better today but the Dr. said no working for a couple of days. I hope she's getting a well deserved rest.

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh no! I hope she feels better soon!

ab5cgang said...

Poor Mishelle. And you are a great mom. If you need help with the picture thing maybe I can help. Just let me know when.