Friday, June 12, 2009

Did I do that?. . . . .

Mom and I were talking the other day about that commercial where the husband found his wifes keys in the fridge and the ad said that if you are putting things where they don't belong you should have an exam for alzheimer. If that were truely the case I would be at the Dr's office all the time. Mom even said that more than once someone had knocked on her door and asked if there was a reason she left her car door wide open. I realize with old age comes forgetfullness. I don't know when it turns into alzheimers. I have often gone into a room to get something and forgot what I went in there for. Not long ago I ordered a dress from a catalog-received it-tried it on-didn't like how it fit-sent it back. Last night I was looking through a catalog-saw a dress- started to order it even though it look familiar and so cute-then at the last minute realized it was the dress I had just sent back. I can't tell you how many times I have brought home a "Woman's Day" magazine only to realize I had already bought and read that magazine. Its funny what we do remember. I remember what I got for my 4th birthday, but I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday. I would like to think that my brain is just on overload and I'll use that excuse till I don't know who I am anymore. Maybe it wouldn't be too bad having alzheimers. You could just go around doing anything you wanted and you wouldn't care what anybody thought. Yes they would be talking about you, but you wouldn't know, you wouldn't care. You would embarrass your kids to death, but it would just be pay backs for all the times they embarrased you and they didn't care. When you get my age you get a whole different way of looking at things. Scarey, huh?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Well, I already can't find anything, walk into a room only to forget why, etc. so I think I am going to be in real trouble the older I get! I've even left my keys in the front door lock and then looked for them forever only to have Chris come home and ask why the keys are in the door.

ab5cgang said...

Ha ha ha. I agree with Erin. I think we all have those days we forget something. But I feel for you.