Monday, June 1, 2009

Are You Ready For Summer?

Hot weather, kids home from school, vacations, BBQ's, picnics, and swimming. Back in the old days when I was a much smaller size - I used to love summer. Before having kids I didn't look too bad in a swimming suit and really enjoyed summer activites. In fact in my senior yearbook there is a picture of me in a swimming suit. (Scarey thought, huh?) I wouldn't wear a swimming suit now for a million dollars. Well maybe a million but not one penny less. Its not fair that men can sash- shey around the pool with their belly hanging out but just let a woman do the same and look at the heads turn. Not that women don't do that anyway. Have you gone to a public pool lately? I didn't know they made bikini's that big? But hey, more power to ya. Each season brings new activites and good things. Change is good. I love summer- even in my long shorts. I love watching everyone come out of their homes after a long winter and spring. We're like bears coming out of our caves after hybernation. Its fun to visit and watch what everyones going to do with their yards. I know I will be ready for fall when it comes but right now I'll enjoy summer. Happy summer everyone!

3 comments:

AOlson said...

Bring it on!!! Love Summer even in all it's craziness!! Don't know what I am gonna do with ALL 3 KIDS HOME for 3 months, but I am up for the challenge, I think:)

BTW, I would LOVE to see that High School Yearbook:)

ab5cgang said...

Here's to a good one. At least you can say you once liked your self in a swimming suit. Last time I can think of me looking good in one I had to be Cara's age.

Mishelle Noyes said...

Lets dig out your pool, build a high fence and then we can run around naked if we wanted :-) I think the funniest place on earth is the factories where they make the bikinies. The poor people that have to cut out XXXL tops and bottoms!