Thursday, June 18, 2009

Help Wanted: House Cleaner

I went down to Mom's last night around 8:00 pm and she had her table and chairs moved out of the kitchen and was mopping and waxing her floor. I guess she had given up on the promise from her daughters months ago that we would do that for her. Sorry Mom, but I can't even find time to mop my own floors. I know that is no excuse whatsoever and dad is probably cursing me for not taking better care of you. But right now I would pay for someone to come mop my floors and clean my house. Yes, I am that desperate. I can't remember the last time I vacumed. My toilets used to be so clean you could eat out of them ( sorry for that analogy) But I prided myself on having a clean house even when the kids were all little. Now that all of them are gone I am more behind than ever. You've all read that poem that says something like Dust and cobwebs will have to wait cause I'm rocking my baby today. Well my baby is going to be 25 and that excuse ran out years ago. I still have one baby left at home, Ed, and he won't mind me when I tell him to pick his stuff up. He won't do dishes or dust but he does do his own laundry and he is building a very nice fence in our backyard. So the housework is pretty much up to me. I just need 8 more hours in a day and a good nap. Or a 3 day weekend. Or a housekeeper. Anyone looking for an extra job? Of course you would have to be sworn to secrecy that you wouldn't tell anyone what a mess my house is. Sorry there won't be any slide shows on this one!

3 comments:

AOlson said...

I have never seen your house look messy, except when you have ALL your grandkids over and they destroy it for you:) I think you are being too hard on yourself. Your house is very nice.

Mishelle Noyes said...

I agree with Amy! (see below) your house is never dirty unless we are there! Wow! You can wax floors? Grandma is going to have to show me how to do that!

Chad and Jaycie said...

Yes, I think your house always looks clean also. But if you're serious, Shelby Kok cleans houses and never rats people out! :)